There are a few things I’ve learned from my garden this year:
1. Don’t plant cherry tomatoes next to the entrance of the garden. When they really get going in the middle of the summer, it’s like walking through a tomato jungle.
3. Don’t fret about the plants that don’t make it because there’s a reason they didn’t live. There wouldn’t be any room in the garden if they had survived.
7. Cage all of the tomatoes not just some.
8. If making beds in the garden instead of rows, make the walkways larger than two feet wide as the tomato plants will grow so large that they will practically intertwine themselves over those two foot walkways.
9. Never underestimate the power of the flower to invite bees. They love our tomato plants this year.
10. When you move into a new house some of the plants you want to buy may suddenly appear in your yard because they were planted by the previous owner.